Sunday, June 3, 2012

Harwich Port Mud Pie (From School House in Burlington, MA)

Harwich Port Mud Pie (School House Ice Cream, Burlington MA)

Holy freakin' amazing mystery ingredient ice cream!

I approached School House on a rainy Saturday evening in early June. I don't care how shitty it is outside, its always a great time for ice cream. Ice cream makes the world a better place. And this venture to School House made this particularly wet spring day a truly delicious and relaxing one.


All I can decipher from this concoction of goodness is Goobers (chocolate covered peanuts) swirled together with chocolate and I don't know what else! Could be mocha, coffee or peanut butter ice cream... with either Oreo cookie crumbs or chocolate cake crumbs. It is really hard to tell because it is expertly mixed/disguised as one unique work of art. This was my first time to School House in Burlington MA, probably the closest ice cream parlor to my new home. (Yes, I recently moved to MASS! And so far, I am impressed with the ice cream) I didn't know what flavor to try and the sweet young girl behind the counter suggested it as one of her personal favorites. Again, I like to take advice from younger people who have keen sweet taste buds working overtime for someone like me who will eat just about anything... sweet, salty, spicy, sour... whatever... I just love food and know that someone wouldn't tell you to try something if its terrible. Unless that person is a complete A-hole. But, I doubt the girls working in rather short shorts at these great ice cream parlors would be A-holes. That is not how they make their tip money. But, I digress.

This Harwich Port Mud Pie is supremely tasty. It really has all that you may be looking for in an ice cream craving. Its got chocolate, its got nuttiness, its got cookie/cake crumbs, its got a bad ass name as well! I have never been to Harwich Port but if this is how the residents dig their ice cream, then I would probably get along quite well with the locals! I totally dig this flavor. I have a feeling you will too.

Give it a try. If chocolate covered nuts and mystery crumbs aren't your thing, maybe you know someone who would be excited about this. Spread the word.


And to Mat (my Brother) - This is an ice cream I am sure you would greatly enjoy! <3

*There are more School House Ice Cream Parlors around, not just Burlington, MA.

There is one in Harwich Port, MA and Chatham, MA.


2 comments:

  1. Mud pie is one of my favorite flavors. I haven't had it in a while, I believe it's a coffee ice cream base. Whatever it is, it's delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kira!
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blog posts about Harwich Port to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you :)
    Jane

    ReplyDelete