Monday, July 16, 2012

National Ice Cream Day at Captain Dusty's!

Hello fellow ice cream fans,

Sunday, July 15th was National Ice Cream Day.

I had the pleasure of sharing this wonderful day with my sweetheart aka Brandon and two of our favorite friends, Alicia and Mike. We had a great day, packed with fun events. We started the day at the Todd Farm Flea Market in Rowley, Ma. Then went to Woodman's in Essex, MA for delicious fried clams and shrimps. Then, we went on a breezy and informational cruise on the Essex River. After all this leisure, we decided it was time to step it up another notch...we hit up Captain Dusty's Ice Cream in Essex, Ma. I had never been here or heard of it before, but very clever Alicia knew I'd totally love this place and suggested we follow her and Mike there.


Upon arrival, it looks like just any other Ice Cream place, but once inside and viewing the flavor board, I was amazed at its uniqueness! Right away I was curious about the White Russian Chip. I asked if that was in reference to the much loved alcoholic beverage and the girls behind the counter said yes. I was sold. Brandon, however, wanted to try the Tiramisu flavor. Which I decided I also wanted to try. So we said, hell, its National Ice Cream Day, let's get a Banana Split! So we added Mississippi Mud to the party and wow(!!!) What a delightful trio!






LOOK AT THAT BANANA SPLIT!!!

We were very happy Ice Cream Eaters :)

The White Russian Chip was just like a White Russian (only without the hangover) loaded with chocolate chips! The Big Lebowski would approve!

The Tiramisu was heavenly! I am a huge fan of Italian desserts, being that I am part Northern Italian, so this version of this Italian treat really thrilled me. It was mwah! ::::pressed finger tips to lips and throws a kiss to the air::::

The Mississippi Mud was packed with Oreo cookies and fudge swirl- so packed that it was the last flavor to melt in the heat of Sunday afternoon. It had the most structure to it out of all the flavors.

But, needless to say, the flavors didn't really get too much of a chance to melt because we made fast work of our duty in eating them.

Another plus to this Ice Cream place, is that they have a cooler of free water inside so if all that creamy ice cream goodness makes you thirsty, relief is only footsteps away. Only School House in Burlington, Ma offers that as well. At least, in my travels these are the only two places that I have found to do this for the customers.

Coincidentally, another blogger known as A to Z Ice Cream(or something like that?) was in Dusty's the day before I was. They too had to try the unique flavors. I am going to have to hunt down their blog to compare notes.  The world is full of many fans of Ice Cream.

Many thanks to Alicia for introducing me to this wonderful place and providing the superb picture of the Banana Split above. Brandon and I are the hands you see...just about to devour.... Mmm!

Stay cool this week with Ice Cream!

-The Ice Cream Bimbo



No comments:

Post a Comment