Tuesday, July 31, 2012

JP Licks (Davis Square, Sommerville, MA)

This place has a reputation. A huge one. Originally from Jamaica Plain, MA. JP Licks has a notable reputation of being the best ice cream in the area. Well, I had to find out for myself. The hype about the "Rum Raisin" had to be tested.




I only tried a small sample of the famous Rum Raisin. It was alright. Very sweet, very strong on the rum. I am not so crazy about Raisins though. So after taking a taste of their signature flavor; I felt that in order for me to judge them fairly, I would have to take a taste of my favorite ice cream flavor and see if it lives up to my expectations. I truly love Pistachio ice cream. So theirs would either win me over or make me hate them.


WOW.

This ice cream totally blew away all other Pistachio competitors. There were so many nuts in there! I couldn't, even if I tried, get a scoop without it being loaded with nuts! The texture of the ice cream is perfect. It doesn't melt too fast. Its creamy but not heavy. Its smooth and fresh. AND my favorite part, they do not dye their ice cream green! THANK GOODNESS! I am turned off by the green dye. I remember being young, and my Gram made me green eggs and ham... like the Dr. Seuss story... and although I smiled and told her they were great, I secretly cringed while eating them.

let this be a lesson to you parents out there... if you want to be clever and impress your children or grand children, don't make them green eggs and ham, take them to the best ice cream place around. Hell, take them to Red Bones in Sommerville first, then over to JP Licks for freakin' amazing ice cream for dessert. And if you are a tired parent, grab yourself a delicious and rejuvenating coffee while at JP Licks (another specialty of theirs)

To Davis Square, Sommerville, MA- NOW!



GO!

Love, as always,
The Ice Cream Bimbo

No comments:

Post a Comment